We have often requested for API recording to differentiate between client side and AR Server (and Server-side workflow) problems. 8.1 SP2 Java API has a good usability feature – the ability to set the API recording directory path. This is especially useful on Windows systems where the logs get created in the <WINDOWS>/System32 directory.
Steps to enable API recording for 8.1 SP2 Midtier:
Please find attached arsys_api.xml
- Open the file and please correct the apiRecordingLogDir to something like the Tomcat Log directory (or a sub-directory)
- Backup and clear the Tomcat/logs directory.
- Place the file in the <MidtierInstallDir>/WEB-INF/classes/
- Shutdown the Midtier service.
- Restart the Midtier service
User level API logging will appear as for Eg: UserARServer_arapires.log . Usually the MidtierService user log will also be needed. [A similar procedure can be used for other 8.1 SP2 API clients (email, approval, plugin server, Devstudio) ]